23 May 2010

HairStory

Sooo earlier this week, I went to my usual salon to see my usual stylist to get my routine haircare. I call in the morning when I wake up to make sure she is there that day and all is well for me to see her later. Guess what happened? I got there and she wasn't there. Had to run an errand and would be back for at least twenty minutes but I didnt have time to spare. I had to be at work in two hours and it takes about that much time to relax, wash, treat, trim, flat iron and style my hair. Oh sigh. I couldnt go to work with the lion's mane I had on my head either sooo I went ahead and let another stylist work on it. I was so nervous, I literally teared up. I am very sensitive when it comes to my hair, one screw up and I will hate you for life. It is my hair, it is on my head, it frames my face, it HAS to be on point! She started to relax it and mid relaxer, she asks if I have ever had jerri curls....I knew right then I was doomed. Jerri curl? Its 2010, what does a jerri curl have to do with anything?  (thats what I thought, but what I actually said was no I dont have them nor have I ever and I dont want them, thank you). My hands began to shake because that question solidified that she was gonna screw up my hair! Lucky for me, my stylist came running through the door and I hopped out of that chair and told the lady bye. I couldnt have been happier :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment