21 September 2010

Birthday!!!!

Ok so its time to get you up to speed! I turned 24 yesterday! Yes thats right- the big 2-4! Im so happy :)

The friday beforehand-I had breakfast and played bingo with a friend. There were (go figure!) many senior citizens in attendance. All I can say is do not mess with seniors and their bingo.  I asked a couple questions during the game and they were NOT pleased. haha! I swear someones head was about to turn around like in the Exorcist movie.

 Plus there were a million versions of bingo I never saw before. Who knew it was so complicated? There's cross, kite, 4square, 6square, whole card, picture frame, lightning...i cant even remember the rest. Unfortunately I didnt even win a game :(  But it was definitely a fun experience.



 I went to dinner with a few friends later at Macaroni Grill in Silver Springs. The service was so-so but the food was delicious and portions were hearty. I ended the evening on U street at a lil spot dancing the night away with my friends :)




Saturday-I watched Batala perform, and cleaned my house before mom arrived. Batala is an awesome all female percussion band known internationally. I will def join it as soon as spots open up! I tried to include a video at the end of the post buuttt there are tech issues. So here's a photo instead.



Mommy came! We had tons of fun together all weekend. I got to give my mommy a tour of DC, shopped til we dropped, watched a movie and just sat in bed talking and laughing.

Next up on the bday celebration list is a party friday night at Muse Lounge and then kayaking in Georgetown. Stay tuned folks!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment