24 July 2010

Ka-chiiiinnnnnggg!!!

Ever felt like you were spending money for nothing? Exactly how I feel right now.

August 1st, we will experience the THIRD metro fare hike for the year. I find it funny how with all this money being shelled out, we still have the same issues: trains delayed, malfunctions, lack of air conditioning , over crowded cars, leaky roofs, broken escalators and elevators, fare cards deactivated by cellphones. It's a mess!

You would think the reason they enact these fare hikes is to eliminate these problems, right? That WOULD be the sensible thing. However, after the second fare hike...the issues have remained the same and well, in some cases, have gotten worse. Why am I paying more money? I already spend thirty dollars a week on the metro system, as of next week I will pay more and I am unhappy with the service provided. I have tried the whole taxi thing however not only is it more expensive, but cabs are few and far between in the District. Driving a car? makes no sense in the district because well, there is no where to park it and hey i'm tryna save money here. (sigh)

Dear Metro,

I remember a time when things were great between us. Somehow, someway it all got screwed up. Can we please get back to that place? Can we heal this relationship? Are you capable of getting your self together? Please say yes.

Sincerely,
your favorite patron

0 comments:

Post a Comment