12 August 2010

Bittersweet Rain Storm

Sorry its so long but trust me, its entertaining....

Woke up this morning, it was sunny and nice. I went to shower (fast forward)stepped out of the tub, heard a loud bang! My house was pitch black and so was outside...I slowly made my way to find the light switch, all the while,praying I wouldn't bump into anyone and drop my towel (u know how my luck is). I got to the switch and the light came on for a minute then all power went out. Forced to get dressed by cellphone light-I decided its a jeans n hoodie type of day. I stuffed my feet into my trusty rain boots and left. Rushing to the metro station, I realized my feet hurt but ignored it and kept sloshing through the puddles.

(fast forward) I got into the office elevator and I hit the button over and over...no movement! I took a deep breath, got off and told the security by the door. No help. Agitated and running low on time, I took the stairs (my first time ever in this place so it was a little confusing). My boots were now killing me so I stopped and looked to see-they were on the wrong foot! Stupid black out! But I couldn't fix it, I needed to get to my desk. I found the office suite door. I rummaged through my purse and didn't find my office key!  I knocked on the door and pressed the door bell-NO HELP! Defeated I trudged up the stairs with my sore feet....The lobby was empty. I asked the parking attendant outside for help-apparently, he doesn't speak English.

I looked around the parking lot and alas! The janitor was on a cigarette break! I ran to him and asked him to let me in to my office. Even though I hate cigarettes, today I am VERY glad someone smokes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment