16 October 2010

Community Love

As you already know I love DC though I hate it sometimes...overall I love it. I also love my fellow man so whenever I get a chance, I do community service. Two recent activities included participating in the Aids Walk. I got to join my fellow Bison (u knoooowwww!!), raise funds and walk for a great cause. It was pretty fun and I definitely look forward to next year. We got there pretty early in the morning, and were greeted by many smiling faces. We warmed up with the "DC Cowboys?" I think they are called...and grooved to some great music then walked our hearts out. There were many cheerleaders along the way to keep us pumped and at the end we were entertained by dance performances. Although we had a blast, we do hope that HIV/AIDS gets stomped out.

I also had the honor of assisting at an after school program- after they finished their homework, we played games like pictionary and mancala :) I also served them supper. It was an awesome experience! I totally love kids and as you already konw-im a kid magnet so this totally worked well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment