18 June 2010

What A Beach!!

Sorry i'm taking so long to write lately, life has gotten a lil busier for me. Any how, i'm sure your entertainment caused by my silly adventures/misadventures more than makes up for it. So last weekend was my friend's...lets call her Licious...birthday. She requested that a bunch of us celebrate her bday by spending the day at Virginia Beach. Little did we know...what lay ahead....


I swear the beach isn't even on planet Earth! We drove forever and a day!!! We hit sooo much traffic, its really not even slightly believable. The a/c in the car was broken and unfortunately rolling down the windows only produced more heat...sigh...I  couldn't tell whether I fell asleep or fainted from heat exhaustion...

HOWEVER, I must admit that not only did we have an amazing driver who did her best to get us there quickly and safely but we also had a BLAST once we got to the beach! OMG! It was soooo fun! I loved it! We jumped around in the water as the waves crashed into us, knocking us over. We sat around on our towels, drank some brewskies, painted our nails and joked around. We also played soccer on the sand and watched a kiddie beach volleyball tournament. It was the most fun I have had in a while.

The Ride Back...
The ride back was um crazy....for lack of better words. Everyone including our driver was dead tired, no joke. So as she drove, she decided to pull over and take a power nap at a gas station parking lot.  I woke up to my friends screaming, bright lights flooding the car and our driver speeding and making a wild u turn in the street. I asked what happened. Apparently a man in a red pick up truck parked beside us in the lot and watched us sleep. Now he was tailgating us with his high beam lights on. I. was. scared. He revved his engine and sped up to our rear as if he was going to hit us but didn't. We turned and he turned, we sped up, he sped up. We went on the highway, he went on the highway. Luckily after some time had passed, he exited. The rest of the drive was thankfully uneventful. Once, home, all I could do was collapse on the bed. Making it back home felt oh so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment